Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Why I Sometimes Find Ticks in my Bed!

Quinn and Mukki in bed
Ah, my biggest pet peeve! When I get up in the morning, Quinn and Mukki replace me. They love to sleep with R! When he gets up in the morning, R hates waking the boys -I think it's a guy thing! So, Quinn gets to sleep with his nose pushed into my pillow and if he's been digging in the dirt, he leaves muddy nose prints on my pillow!

As hard as I try to fight the onslaught of ticks on our property, there are always a few hitching a ride on the dogs into the house! AND INTO MY BED!

My mind is preconditioned to monitor my body for that creepy crawling movement on my skin. Ticks will climb patiently towards your head, they'd prefer to burrow into your scalp to remain hidden in the hair. I wake immediately from the deepest sleep and send the creepy crawly bloodsucker down the toilet to a burial in the septic cemetery! Then I am up all night with itchy skin, imagining ticks crawling everywhere! grrrrrr! So, I am not happy when R let's them on the sheets or my pillow!
Quinn, nose in my pillow!

The look of comfortable!
Worse? We have an expensive bed cover that keeps the dogs away from the bedding and amazingly it works! It is called PawsOff Bed cover. I got mine reduced as a Woot deal but they are worth every penny of full price! They can not get to pillows or sheets or mattress -which they love to destroy! We've been using this for awhile. We weren't sure whether it was actually working or if the dogs had outgrown the destruction of bedding. On Monday, we learned that it is the excellent cover not the maturity of our dogs!

The rule is: the last one to get up covers the bed. The rule did not take into account R doesn't wake up when he gets up, so he can not be counted on. We found the sheets shredded, the mattress pad destroyed and a few mouthfuls of mattress topper removed... sigh! I am tired of buying bedding but at least the pillows survived. The only other time a pillow survived was when I caught Quinn wedged into the doggy door with a pillow! He was crying and struggling -he was also upset that he didn't get the pillow after I freed him!

No comments:

Post a Comment