Friday, May 11, 2012

A Sad Chore... updating a rainbow bridge!

After we adopted our two snuggly huskies, Tala and Mukki, we noticed that the Southern Siberian Rescue's web site needed some TLC. I offered to help out. It's been a big job and often takes time away from paying clients but that's what charity is, right? Southern Siberian Rescue has been a rewarding challenge. Many designer's shy away from pro bono web sites and Lord knows I've never felt appreciated but I also understand. Usually, the people running non-profits sacrifice so much of their lives and resources, they tenaciously depend on the help of others. Fortunately, the rescue has found someone who is more skilled than I am and eager to take over! :-) I hope I am able to still contribute.

Needless to say, it's been a labor of love. The hardest and saddest chore on the site is updating the rainbow bridge. SSR's Rainbow Bridge I created an image of an angelic musher racing through a heavenly snowstorm! There are snowflake stars associate with a dearly missed dog. Each dog gets a page as a memorial. It's a big job and even though the owners want a listing, they are often too grieved to find pictures and send text. I'll try to find posts online, in archives or on FaceBook -it's not a safe thing to do as I am using things without approval and I've been bit in the ass doing this but whatever. R accuses me of doing too much work that others are supposed to do and he's right but that doesn't seem to stop me.

Today, I activated several dogs who were awaiting photos or text and added a few new ones. It's so sad and it is heartbreaking! But my  husband is taking me out to lunch, so that should cheer me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment