Saturday, May 19, 2012

Siberian Husky Jewelry

Siberian Art Jewelry (and other breeds!)
My wonderful husband R, the quiet man puts up with a lot: a demanding job, a demanding wife, 4 demanding spoiled siberian huskies, a spoiled cat and a gaggle of goldfish. Add to the mix a Mustang that refuses to cooperate, a high maintenance sports car, a home in constant need of one repair or crisis after another! It's a miracle he gets anything done, let alone remember my birthday. We got married the day after my birthday, as he figured it would help remember both days. Ha ha ha.

So, along comes my birthday and he claimed he ordered my gift but it hadn't arrived yet. Since, we both use this lame excuse with others I didn't believe him. And since he also didn't get K a gift yet, I got angry. Two weeks later, my beautiful siberian necklace arrived from Israel... I am so embarrassed, I am humbled. I have loved Amit Eshel's work for years, I first loved his drawings, they reminded me of the stylized work of the Northwest Indians (the guys who do totem poles). He recently started doing jewelry of different dog breeds, they are like none other. You become accustomed to a crappy craft quality to a lot of breed-specific art. They assume that people just want their breed and damn the quality. Not so with Amit's work, he thoroughly knows and captures each breed in a playful, whimsical manner but also beautifully, you can only marvel at his highly skilled talent. Bravo! I LOVE IT and will treasure it forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment