Sunday, May 6, 2012

Talent and Experience meet Me... sigh!

I dream of a garden like this!
This is a tiny portion of the gardens at the art and antique fair we went to this weekend!

The problem with this garden is I want my yard to look as beautiful! But, this took years and I'm impatient. It took talent, of which I lack in the garden realm. Finally, it took experience, which I would have –had I not daydreamed away the last 56 years!

I spoke to Rick, the owner about our screen room and my dreams of having a place we can call ours to paint and entertain. He is going to come out and look at our mess and discuss the potential. His property is chock full of rescued treasures and antiques, he is enthusiastic and eager. Even Rich was onboard, which was a nice surprise!

the front corner with Mukki
I should have taken pictures of his restored Tobacco Drying cabin, which he's made into a comfy den with wonderful wide, old floor boards. I was told that it originally belonged to RJReynolds and he had it moved to his home. Rich and I envision our screenroom becoming a beautiful useable sunroom space that feeds our creativity. A wood stove to take off the chill on a winter morning, with two overstuffed chairs to curl up in and drink coffee. A corner studio with a couple of easels and an encaustics work space. Finally, a large farm table for family meals and parties.

The dogs seem to be calming down and not as destructive. I hope they allow us a space to call our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment